How Business Process Improvement is Changing Your Industry
The concept of tech-driven business process improvement (BPI) is a simple one – empower your business to do more with less. But we’ve heard this all before. After all, when the age of computing dawned, we were all told how computers would just do everything we didn’t want to and leave us to spend our time creating, innovating, and otherwise living our best lives. But with where tech is today, with mature and proven systems that do just that, it’s becoming a bit more real. Here’s how BPI is changing every industry for the better – for their customer and employees as well as their bottom line.
Benefits of BPI
Before we look at specific industries, it’s good to keep in mind the general benefits of BPI that apply across the board:
- Cost reduction
- Improved employee and stakeholder engagement
- Faster service or product creation/delivery
- Improvement in service or product quality
- Better customer experience
Now, on to what this actually looks like.
#1 – Wholesaler
You’re there to deliver what manufacturers need on time and in bulk. You play a major role in their ability to deliver the final product, but you work behind the scenes. In the last few years, logistics and warehousing has become a lot more complex, expensive, and challenging, so what can your BPI solution do?
- Create business intelligence dashboards so management can see exactly what stock levels are, where they are, and order processing in real-time
- Manage a smart warehouse so you don’t overstock or waste stock, and you can see what stock you have instantly
- Run automated logistics scenarios to either help you save money with a logistics partner or run your fleet more efficiently
- Automate onboarding of new clients so teams are free to work on the human side of client relationships
- Run automated client information updates so billing and shipping addresses are verified, and delivery doesn’t get mixed up.
- Automatically notify clients when their stock of your products is running low based on their previous order history
#2 – Accounting firm
You have a solid core set of customers, but you want to grow your company by offering new services you think your current clients will love. You also want to bring new clients in, but that might mean hiring more staff, and the expense is out of your reach right now.
How BPI delivers your goals:
- Automate repetitive tasks like accounts reconciliation, updating financial data, creating reports, and preparing financial statements so your employees can work on more clients
- Automate onboarding processes so you pull new client data right into your projects to quickly start working for them, ensuring you have all the information you need and the right people on the project
- Run automated marketing campaigns that email existing clients with appropriate new offerings based on the challenges they are facing.
- Minimise human error risks in all automated accounting processes
- Run cybersecurity and compliance features to ensure these aspects are fully up to date regarding data usage and protection
#3 – Healthcare facility
Patient care is the priority, but it takes a lot for that to happen quickly and smoothly. Not only is someone’s health at stake, but you also need to run a complex organisation that needs to meet exacting standards, handle government and insurance reimbursement, and manage multiple procedures through your staff team.
Efficient, patient-centred care through BPI:
- Gather and analyse data on facility operations for reports on procedure times, trends in patient needs, patient service, length of stay, complaints, etc to identify areas of improvement
- Streamlining administrative tasks and eliminating bottlenecks, automatically prompting patients for information, sending reminders, filling in and verifying forms, etc
- Onboarding all staff teams to contribute, bringing diverse data into a reporting system to identify areas of concern and solutions
- Utilising automation to relieve the administrative burden on staff teams and reduce human error risks
- Improving communication between teams, departments, specialists, and patients through collaborative real-time dashboards
- Manage task assignments, roles, patient files and more through intuitive dashboards, making scheduling and access to information, while eliminating duplicate tasks, miscommunication, and errors
#4 – Local government department
Local government departments need to serve the needs of an entire community with very diverse needs and capabilities, from managing licenses and permits to infrastructure issues, projects, and natural disasters. Everything needs to go through a set chain of command using a range of forms and verification systems, and it’s not keeping up with demand.
Creating efficiency and fewer headaches with BPI:
- Identify areas where costs can be reduced through digitisation, saving taxpayer money
- Introduce self-service portals where people can manage standardised services like renewing a licence, getting a permit, or lodging an issue
- Use automation to send out standardised communications about progress on issues as well as billing, information verification, etc
- Communicate and collaborate effectively between different departments on cross-over projects
- Go paperless with secure digital solutions, and run automated cybersecurity measures to manage compliance and data protection
- Automatically generate reports, track project and department KPIs in real-time, and more
At Otto, we’re all about the human side of tech – using proven, mature tech solutions to ultimately provide the best support to your most important assets – your staff and customers. With our BPI processes and consulting services, it’s easier to achieve the rewards of continuous improvement, whatever your industry or the size of your business.Call us for a no-obligation chat today.